Streets for People knows that our strength lies not only in the words we stand by, but most importantly through the actions of our initiatives. Back in 2018, we responded to a call-to-action to advocate for healthy streets and collaboratively work with government and community for best practice design of the spaces between buildings.
We advocate for human-centred road design and the human-centric design of public space. We converse with community and engage with government to strive towards the delivery of best-practice outcomes.
Our objectives are to promote the interests of Streets for People Incorporated by:
• Advocating for liveable communities that include opportunities for walking and riding;
• Working collaboratively with other like-minded associations;
• Engaging government and private enterprise for people focused streets;
• Endeavouring to build a strong sense of community for members of the Association through continuing communications, support and social activities;
• Supporting the promotion of designing places for people to walk and ride;
• Promoting the environmental, economic and health benefits of people focused streets; and
• Promoting a safer environment for people who walk or ride, for example, through improved standards of education and behaviour for all road users or improved road designs which take into account the needs of people who walk or ride.
Streets for People Welcomes You
Advocating for people focussed streets